Thursday, February 14, 2008

Single Awareness Day

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!

Being single most of my lifetime means that Valentine's day is nothing special for me. I went through 1 Val's day with a guy, whom I dated for all the wrong reasons. That was the only time I 'celebrate' Val's day not alone.

Val's day is celebrated with roses, chocolates, romantic dinners, yadayadayada. Or so they say. I once used to give out chocolates to my close friends and my crushes for Val's day, but then I got tired of it. Well first, I think it's just a waste of money :P, second I just don't see the point in celebrating love only on this one day of the 365/366 days a year!

But this night, me and my friends did something a bit special. At first we wanted to watch Jumper. But then we figured that the cinema will be packed with people celebrating Val's day, so we put the idea behind. Just 2 days ago me and my classmates agreed to have a "singles only" dinner at my place.

The 6 of us singletons had a lovely steamboat dinner this evening. And I have to say this is the best Valentine's day I've ever experienced! Here's a pic of my friends doing the steamboat


Left to right - Roey, Dexter, Riccardo, Po Yoke and Trixie


No comments: